Generic Chili Recipe
- 2 T oil
- 2 lb chili meat
- 1 lg onion, chopped med.
- 2 cl garlic, minced
- 2 t cumin
- 2 T chili powder
- 3 c canned tomatoes with juice
- 12 oz beer
- salt/pepper to taste
- Heat the oil (your choice of low-smoke type) in a heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add meat, onion and garlic, cook until browned.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir to blend.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and add to meat with the juice.
- Stir in beer.
- Simmer over low heat, uncovered for 1-2 hours, adding more beer or water as necessary.
Yield: 6 Servings