Here’s another great chili recipe for you to try.
Gold Country Chili
- 3 1/3 lb chuck, cubed
- 8 oz beer
- 1 1/3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1/3 Tbl cumin
- 5 1/3 oz tomato sauce
- 1 1/3 tspn salt
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 tspn pepper
- 1 1/3 Tbl paprika
- 3/16 tspn cayenne
- 6 2/3 Tbl chili powder
- In skillet, brown meat with rendered fat until grey.
- Place meat with juices in a Dutch oven.
- Saute onions until translucent, add to oven.
- Add the remaining ingredients, NOT THE CHILI POWDER,
- Simmer over low heat for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir frequently.
- Now add the chili powder and stir in well.
- Turn off for at least 1 hour so that all the flavor of the spices is absorbed.
- After 1 hour turn heat on and cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Yield: 6-8 Servings